Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Squirrel Repair Project

The Creator's friend, Mark, gave him a blanket to repair.

DSC05429

You see there in the black and the green where some little critters called squirrels nested. They felted red heart yarn in a few places. I hope The Creator doesn't model the finished product on me. I know he washed it several times in bleach and in pinesol and then once more just to make sure all squirrel goobers were gone.

Over the weekend, he has been figuring out the stitch of this blanket. He was a little confounded. You see, the cute little old lady that made this blanket, crochets with the yarn over the hook and not the yarn under the hook like he does. Once he got that, he started dancing in the room. It was weird. The black side is the begining side and he thinks he may use one of those crochet hooks with the string on it to pickup stitches and do the pattern in reverse. I don't think he knows what he is doing on that side of things. I will wait and see. It maybe interesting for a while here in my little room.

I snapped a picture for you all to see where he started with this project:

DSC05743

No comments:

Post a Comment