Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fiber Forward

Hi Horbert here...

I have found receipts for yarn that isn't in the room as I have been stashing away in Ravelry. I have spent a month looking for this Magic Bean yarn from A Verb for Keeping Warm. Said yarn was purchased at Twisted in Portland. I have been scratching my plastic little head look for this shiny green/blue/yellow yarn.

As I was perusing Facebook for what The Creator has been doing, it appears that he GAVE THIS YARN away. This uber sexy silk/merino yarn.

Here he is showing some Mike guy how to knit with this luscious yarn. He even bought needles to support Mike's new habit. It's like crack. Once you start, you never stop. You acquire more yarn. Boxes. Rooms. Retreats. Yarn groups. It's a thing.


It's one of The Creators joys to share the knitting craft with someone. In fact, bringing someone in to the fold is fun. So, imagine the surprise he found last weeks sitting on the door step from some guy I haven't met. Well, I may have at that retreat thingy he raves about.

So, imagine the surprise when The Creator found a box on his front door step. And inside this box was this:

049
And this little card was inside: 010

It seems this fellow sent him this fab box full of fiber. He has a fab fiber arts blog and fab taste in fiber. He also teaches to spin and is crazy about fiber. He got this fiber from one of those places The Creator coveted. He is going to make yarn. I'm not sure what he will make but, I see a scarf in the future. I may have to roll around in this goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment