Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Creator has been Busy without Horbert

As, I sit and write this, I am perfectly steaming that The Creator has taken a trip to Yarn Shops without Horbert. Steaming Stompin' Mad, I say. He is supposed to take Horbert with him. I may have to ask the Perfect Boyfriend to go next time.

You see, The Creator bought some lush Swan's Lake wool to make a lovely sweater. This would be the Cat's meow if I had a cat. And we all know I'm a cat person at heart. The sweater is still being thought about but it will be light grey with a dark grey and blue stripe. I'm sure he will like it. It won't look good on me. 

I've got some gossip to share as well. The Creator had a doctor's appointment. Evidently, he must lose a feed sack worth of weight. So, he has been tracking the calories in and calories out. There isn't much to be lost for knitting or crocheting.

Speaking of Crocheting... The Creator has almost finished the silly Squirrel Repair Project. He almost matched the tension of the little old lady that made the blanket. It's made from Red Heart with a size F hook. It's tight, very tight. He has three more rows of grey on one end and 5 more on the other end. His buddy should be very happy to get it back as he has had it a long time. A long time, indeed.

He also has a project he mustn't speak about. It's going. It's secret. I shall reveal in May. I mention this because he has some Quivet/Silk mix he PROMISED himself once the blanket is done to cast on and make himself a scarf. It's a rich red color and is very lovely. It should be sexy fab to knit something up. We shall see.

Currently spinning is a fleece he had washed and made into roving. It's started. Its a light grey color. He has a 4-ply and a 2 ply that he is test knitting. He is going to make a 3 ply to see what that looks like. It's rustic. I shall have photos of this in the near future. You'll love it. I know you will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment